Look for Waterloo Curbside Recycling Mailer
Waterloo Public Works encourages residents to watch for a mailing from the Sanitation Department regarding the new curbside recycling program and take action immediately. The mailing includes a postcard for residents to indicate the desired level of curbside services they wish to receive. The card should be returned to the city by November 1, 2019. If a response card is not received by the city, the current level services will continue.
WHO NEEDS TO RETURN THE CARD?
- Those who currently have a City of Waterloo blue container used for both voluntary curbside material recycling and yard waste and wish to continue material recycling need not reply. The existing City of Waterloo blue container will now be used exclusively for yard waste. A new blue container for voluntary curbside materials recycling will be delivered automatically from Republic Services. Participants will end up with three containers: a blue Republic Services blue container for recycling, blue City of Waterloo container for yard waste, and a green container for garbage. New brown yard waste containers will be integrated over time.
- Those who currently have a City of Waterloo blue container for recycling and do not have yard waste pick up must reply so that the can may be replaced.
- Those who currently have City of Waterloo blue container for yard waste and do not wish to participate in voluntary curbside recycling must return the card by November 1st.
- Those who wish to upgrade to voluntary curbside recycling and/or yard waste pick-up must return the card by November 1st.
- Those who wish to opt-out of voluntary curbside recycling and/or yard waste pick-up must return the card by November 1st.
- Those who wish to continue garbage pick-up only, need not reply.
Those who wish to continue garbage pick-up only, need not reply.
For further clarification or other questions please feel free to call Public Works at 291-4445.