September 7, 2017, Project Update No. 14
FY 2017 4th STREET BRIDGE CANOPY REPAIRS, Contract No. 910
- The 4th Street bridge roadway and pedestrian bridge remained closed to allow the contractor room to operate equipment and stage materials.
- A base coat was applied to some of the concrete rails to hide minor imperfections.
- Touch-up paint was applied to the areas of the steel canopy requiring it. This completes painting operations except minor “punch list” items.
Friday, September 8 – Thursday, September 14, 2017
- The 4th Street bridge roadway and pedestrian bridge will continue to be closed to vehicle traffic and pedestrians.
- Work will include finishing the base coat application on concrete rail surfaces to fill in minor imperfections.
- A top coat will be applied to the concrete rails after the base coat application is complete to provide a uniform appearance.
- The pedestrian bridge deck will be spot patched to complete repairs on the deck.
- The expansion joint gland will be tested for a watertight seal.
- Electrical work and timber runner installation will occur upon completion of concrete rail coating.
- The contractor intends to work this weekend, weather permitting.
- The roadway will be re-opened to vehicle traffic after the concrete rail coating application is complete.
- The pedestrian bridge will remain closed to pedestrians to allow for electrical work, timber runner installation, and window installation.
- Replacement window material is scheduled to arrive during the second week of October.
- Overall project completion is anticipated to be in mid to late November.
Questions regarding these closures may be directed to the City of Waterloo Engineering Department at (319) 291-4312, or email@example.com. A weekly project update is being distributed by e-mail to businesses and organizations impacted in the downtown area regarding the contractor’s progress and weekend closures, when necessary. Those wishing to be added to the distribution list should contact Main Street Waterloo by calling (319) 291-2038.
A weekly project update will be distributed by e-mail to businesses and organizations impacted in the downtown area to inform about contractor’s progress and weekend closures when necessary. Those wishing to be added to the distribution list should contact Main Street Waterloo by calling (319) 291-2038.
Questions regarding 4th Street bridge closures may be directed to the City of Waterloo Engineering Department (319)291-4312, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Updates will be posted on the City’s website www.cityofwaterlooiowa.com, and through social media.