In support of this mission, we are committed:
- To maintain a well-trained culturally sensitive staff and Commission to provide for the execution and enforcement of the responsibilities set forth in the City of Waterloo Commission on Human Rights Ordinance No. 4064.
- To ensure freedom from discrimination by assisting in the preservation of the public safety, health, and general welfare of individual citizens within the City of Waterloo.
- To increase the sensitivity of all citizens in Waterloo of the effects and cost of discrimination by sponsoring workshops, conferences, training sessions, community forums, etc.
- To be accessible to the community by actively participating in agency networking and to collaborate with agencies whose missions are similar to ours.
- To provide for the execution within the City of Waterloo of the policies embodied in the Iowa Civil Rights Act of 1965 and in the Federal Civil Rights Act and to promote cooperation between the city of Waterloo and the State and Federal agencies enforcing those acts.
620 Mulberry Street
Waterloo, IA 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4441
Fax: (319) 291-4295
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm