Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report
Waterloo Community Development Programs focuses on the use of its Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funding provided through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD"). The information contained in this Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report ("CAPER") provides assessment of the City's progress towards meeting the stated goals and objectives stated in the 2019-2023 Consolidated Plan and the One Year Action Plan goals and objectives for Program Year ("PY") 2020. The CAPER reports on the City's fiscal year July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 for the following federal formula grant programs:
- Community Development Block Grant ("CDBG")
- HOME Investment Partnership Program ("HOME")
Read the CAPER FY21 Goals and Outcomes Here.
ARE YOU LOOKING TO PURCHASE A HOME?
The City of Waterloo Community Development has designed the Homebuyer Assistance Program to help low to moderate-income eligible households with homebuyer and closing cost assistance to purchase their first home.
- Waterloo Community Development will provide up to a maximum of $10,000 in Homebuyer Assistance after seller concessions and lender credits.
- Funds are available on a first come, first served basis. The assistance is in the form of a 0% interest deferred forgivable loan.
- To participate , the borrower is required to provide a minimum contribution of $1,000 towards the purchase price of the home.
- Escrow funds, professional inspections, and other items paid outside of closing by borrower may count towards the borrowers minimum contribution.
- To learn more, print an application here.
The City of Waterloo Community Development Lead Hazard Control Grant completes improvements to your home to remove lead based paint. Both owner-occupied and rental homes can participate
- Your home must have been built before 1978
- You must have a child that is less than 5 years of age either living in the home or who visits the home
- You must be income eligible
Programs Available with Covid-19 Funding
- Please contact Family Management for mortgage assistance. You may be eligible if you can show that COVD-19 affects your ability to pay. https://family-finance.org/
- Please contact Operation Threshold for utility assistance. You may be eligible if you can show that COVD-19 affects your ability to pay. http://www.operationthreshold.org/programs/black-hawk/liheap/
- Please contact Iowa Legal Aid for assistance with legal issues related to housing. . You may be eligible if you can show that COVD-19 affects your ability to pay. https://www.iowalegalaid.org/organization/iowa-legal-aid-waterloo-regional-office?ref=3bOpQ
- Please contact the Northeast Iowa Food Bank for food assistance. https://www.northeastiowafoodbank.org/abouthunger/cedar-valley-food-pantry/
- Please contact the Salvation Army for emergency sheltering needs. https://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/waterloo/ .
- Please contact Grin and Grow Childcare for assistance with day care for children from families that provide essential services to our community. https://www.grinandgrowchildcare.org/
Follow Us On Facebook
Waterloo Community Development Office
620 Mulberry St, Suite 202
Waterloo, IA 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4429
Fax: (319) 291-4431