ARE YOU LOOKING TO PURCHASE A HOME?
The City of waterloo Community Development has designed the Homebuyer Assistance Program to help low to moderate-income eligible households with homebuyer and closing cost assistance to purchase their first home.
- Waterloo Community Development will provide up to a maximum of $10,000 in Homebuyer Assistance after seller concessions and lender credits.
- Funds are available on a first come, first served basis. The assistance is in the form of a 0% interest deferred forgivable loan.
- To participate , the borrower is required to provide a minimum contribution of $1,000 towards the purchase price of the home.
- Escrow funds, professional inspections, and other items paid outside of closing by borrower may count towards the borrowers minimum contribution.
- To learn more, print an application here.
The City of Waterloo Community Development Lead Hazard Control Grant completes improvements to your home to remove lead based paint. Both owner-occupied and rental homes can participate
- Your home must have been built before 1978
- You must have a child that is less than 5 years of age either living in the home or who visits the home
- You must be income eligible
For more information contact Rudy Jones, Waterloo Community Development Director at:
Follow Us On Facebook
Waterloo Community Development Office
620 Mulberry St, Suite 202
Waterloo, IA 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4429
Fax: (319) 291-4431