Housing Emergency Repair Program
The scope of this Program is to provide financial assistance to City of Waterloo residents who find themselves in a situation where immediate costly repairs to their home are needed to remedy an immediate threat to their health, safety or wellbeing.
The funds to a homeowner will be in the form of a grant, loan or a combination thereof. A grant and/or loan under this Program will be determined by the cost of the repair and by the applicant’s adjusted income level for household size when compared to the area median income (AMI). The household income must be below 80% of the area median income to be eligible for the program.
There may be instances in which Community Development Block grant funds may be supplemented with owner contribution funds.
Guidelines for Eligibility for the Emergency Repair Program are as follows:
- The applicant must have owned the property requiring repairs for a minimum of one year.
- The applicant must be the deed holder of the property.
- Contract buyers are ineligible.
- The applicant must be current on their mortgage and taxes.
- The household income must be below the 80% income limit.
- The property must not be in the flood zone.
- The property must be an owner occupied residential property located within the city limits of Waterloo.