When the city of Waterloo is presented with new projects, CSAC helps to review the project to help recommend enhancements that accommodate and encourage travel by by use walking. CSAC is also working on establishing a dedicated funding source for sidewalk maintenance.
Here are some of the projects the committee has and/or continues to work on.
- Safe Routes to School
- University Avenue Enhancements
- Provided input that added previously unidentified pedestrian connections
- Mid-Block Crossing Light
- Way Finding Signage
- Kimball Ave
- Sidewalk Policy and Infill Project
- CSAC works on prioritizing sidewalk construction and infill needs in high impact areas, where people are walking and where there are safety issues in Waterloo. Below are some of the completed projects.
- West Dale Street near Allen Hospital
- Esther St near G.W. Carver Academy
- Ridgeway Ave/Bethel Street/Oleson Road near Kittrell Elementary
- W. Park Lane near Hoover Middle and Lou Henry Elementary