PPZC Special Meeting Agenda and Packet (Comprehensive Plan Update)
- to promote the health, safety, morals, order, convenience, prosperity and general welfare;
- to conserve and protect the value of property throughout the City and to encourage the most appropriate use of land; to lessen congestion in the streets;
- to prevent the overcrowding of land;
- to avoid undue concentration of population;
- and to facilitate the adequate provision of transportation, water, sewerage, schools, parks and other public requirements.
To implement these objectives, the City of Waterloo has adopted the City of Waterloo Zoning Ordinance, a Subdivision Ordinance, and a Comprehensive Plan. As part of the Comprehensive Plan, the City of Waterloo has developed a Future Land Use map, which provides a general guide for the growth and development of the City.
The Waterloo Planning and Zoning Department can assist you in answering a variety of questions that deal with:
Why your land is zoned a particular way.
Confirm if your property is located in a floodplain.
Inform you on the status of city-owned property.
Advise as to what zoning status is needed to operate a business.
Let you know the zoning guidelines for running a home-based business.
Building rules and regulations for your property.
For questions relating to planning, zoning, historic preservation, zoning variances, flood plain and property development or redevelopment, please contact our office.
For help identifying available buildings and sites in Waterloo, contact on of our Economic Development professionals for a confidential consultation.
Planning, Programming and Zoning CommissionThese are the items listed on the Planning, Programming and Zoning Commission agenda as of 12:00 noon on the Friday preceding the Planning, Programming and Zoning Commission meeting. Items may have been added that are listed on the official agenda posted at City Hall.
Board of Adjustment
Board of Adjustment Agenda and Packet
- View the July meeting agenda and packet here.
- View the June meeting agenda and packet here.
- View past meetings on our YouTube Channel here.
Noel Anderson, Director
Aric Schroeder, City Planner
Tim Andera, Planner II
Adrienne Miller, Planner II
John Dornoff, Planner I
Seth Hyberger, Planner I
Pattie Magee, Administrative Assistant