City of Waterloo Shade Tree Sale
City of Waterloo Partners with DNR for Shade Tree SaleUpdate- 09-25-23: Trees have been sold out for the Waterloo location. You are able to purchase trees at other cities, but you will have to travel to pick them up.
The Department of Natural Resources through a program with the United States Forest Service is offering shade trees at $25 per tree to eastern Iowa residents.
Waterloo Leisure services will be hosting the distribution of these shade tree orders on Tuesday, October 10 starting at 4:00 p.m. at the Leisure Services office, located at 1101 Campbell Avenue in Waterloo.
Click here for order form:
• Orders are limited to two trees per private property.
• Trees must be picked up on distribution day, October 10 starting 4:00 p.m. Any unclaimed trees will be donated to Leisure Services.
• There is no warranty on ordered trees.
• Unsold trees may be sold towards the end of the event.
Shade tree species available:
• ‘Heritage’ River Birch (Betula nigra ‘Cully’)*
• Chinkapin Oak (Quercus muehlenbergii)
• American ‘Sentry’ Linden (Tillia americana ‘McKSentry’)
• Tuliptree (Liriodendron tulipifera)
• Hackberry (Celtis occidentalis)
• Northern Catalpa (Catalpa speciosa)*
• ‘Liberty’ Apple (Malus domestica ‘Liberty’)*
• White Pine (Pinus strobus)*
• Black Hills Spruce (Picea glauca var. densata)*
• Norway Spruce (Picea abeis)*
*Species prohibited for use along City of Waterloo streets.
Planting trees on city right of way property in Waterloo, Iowa is subject to Leisure Services department approval.
Please contact Leisure Services at (319) 291-4370 for site inspection and approval.
For more information, contact Shaila Calibourn, Urban and Community Forestry Technician, at 515-380-8876 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.