Rehab Information
  • Neighborly Portal
    • You will use this portal to:
      • Single Family Housing Rehab (Applying for Owner Occupied Single-Family Rehabilitation or Applying for the Lead Hazard Control Program)
      • Tenant Rental Rehabilitation (Applying for The Rental Rehabilitation Loan Program or Applying for the Rental Lead Hazard Control Program)
      • Emergency Repair
      • CHDO (Community Housing Development Organization)
      • Landlord Rental Rehabilitation
  • Forgivable Loan Program
    • The purpose of the Community Development Block Grant Housing Rehabilitation Program is to provide financial assistance to low- and moderate-income families for repair of their houses to make them decent, safe and sanitary.

      The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), through the Community Development Board, administers a program for financing the rehabilitation, improvements and repair of owner-occupied property.

  • Lead Hazard Control Grant
    • The City of Waterloo Community Development Lead Hazard Control Grant completes improvements to your home up to $40,000. Both owner-occupied and rental homes can participate for homes built before 1978.
  • Permit Fees
  • Residential Building Handouts
  • Site Plans
  • Site plans are needed for:

    • New Building Construction

    • Additions to Buildings

    • Decks or Porches (enclosed or unenclosed)

    • Accessory Buildings (garages, sheds, etc) exceeding 120 SF

    • Carports, Canopies, or building overhangs exceeding 2'

    • Fences or walls exceeding 4'

    • Signage (freestanding signs require site pan, wall signs require wall diagram)

    • Parking and vehicular use areas for commercial and multi-family development